2 Large Artichokes
3 Cups Breadcrumbs
1 Teaspoon Lemon Zest
½ Cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
4 Cloves Garlic, minced
½ cup parsley, chopped
1 Teaspoon Oregano
½ Olive Oil
Salt and pepper to taste
2 Cloves garlic, chopped
1 Bay Leaf
2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Prepare the artichokes by cutting off the tips of the leaves, about 1 inch off the top and remove the inner yellow leaves from the center.
- Combine the breadcrumbs, lemon zest, Parmesan cheese, minced garlic, chopped parsley, oregano, ½ cup olive oil, salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl.
- Add hot water to a small round baking dish about a ½ inch deep. Make sure the dish is small enough to fit the artichokes snuggly. Add garlic, juice of one lemon and a bay leaf to the water.
- Stuff each artichoke with the breadcrumb mixture and place into the baking dish with water.
- Drizzle the artichokes with a couple tablespoons of olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Cover the pan with foil and poke a few holes on the top to allow steam to escape.
- Bake for one hour or until tender.